What’s the one thing you should never leave out of your skin care routine?
If you answered sun protection, you are 100% correct! Without it, we’re exposing our skin to harmful UV rays and leaving it vulnerable to sun damage. No, thank you!
With spring break and summer travel just around the corner, we want to share some of our favorite SPF BFFs and travel items to pack along with your bikini and sunglasses this season. Read on for a few helpful tips from the SkinReMEDI by Natural Body skin care specialists at our Atlanta (Morningside) and Alpharetta, GA, locations.
5 Facts About Spring & Summer Skin Care
Before we dive into our must-haves, here are a few fast facts about warm-weather skin care to keep in mind:
- SPF isn’t a one-and-done deal. You need to reapply sunscreen every couple of hours to make sure you’re fully protected, especially if you plan to be in and out of the water.
- You need an SPF of at least 30. Many products go up to SPF 55+, but SPF 30 is a great place to start—just make sure it’s a broad-spectrum sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- A “base tan” won’t protect you from damage. Laying out or hopping in a tanning bed won’t offer you any extra protection on vacay. UV exposure is UV exposure, and you want to avoid it as much as you can.
- SPF is a must even on cloudy days. Just because you can’t see the sun’s shining rays doesn’t mean they aren’t reaching your skin.
- Flights can dry out your skin, big time. Tropical destinations may treat our skin to plenty of moisture and humidity, but the flights there can wreak havoc on our complexion. Make sure to stay moisturized on any big travel days.
Our Vacation Skin Care Favorites
We know packing space is precious. Luckily, these 2 little must-haves can give your skin everything it needs to glow so you can focus on having fun in the sun.
The SPF “Superscreen”
The SkinMedica® Total Repair & Defense is a revolutionary sunscreen that goes beyond UV protection. On top of defending against harmful infrared rays, it also supports your skin's ability to restore itself. It’s TSA friendly and perfect for all skin types.
The All-in-One Minis Collection
The pint-sized products in the SkinMedica Minis Collection pack a big punch. The collection is full of fan favorites designed to give you a glow on the go, including:
- 2 Facial Cleansers (1.0 Fl. Oz.)
- 1 LUMIVIVE® Day Damage Defense Serum (Net Wt. 0.5 Oz.)
- 1 LUMIVIVE® Night Revitalize Repair Complex (Net Wt. 0.5 Oz.)
- 1 HA⁵® Rejuvenating Hydrator (Net Wt. 1.0 Oz.)
- 1 Total Defense + Repair Broad Spectrum SPF 34/PA++++ Sunscreen (Net Wt. 1.0 Oz.)
The kit lasts 30 to 45 days, depending on how much you use it. It’s also a breeze to take through TSA.
Want to score discounts on your favorite products? Allē members earn 199 points per unit purchased. Get started by shopping online today. Does this link to our Brilliant Connections account so that we get paid a commission by Allergan?
If you have questions, please contact us online or call SkinReMEDI by Natural Body at 404-872-1039 (Morningside in Atlanta, GA) or 678-869-1662 (med spa in Alpharetta City Center) to make an appointment. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Blogs You Might Also Enjoy
Did you know the neck and décolleté often give our age away sooner than our face does? Learn about microneedling and more treatments for these areas from SkinReMEDI by Natural Body in Atlanta (Morningside) & Alpharetta, GA.
If you’re having trouble getting rid of stubborn bulges and rolls, you may be an ideal candidate for non-invasive CoolSculpting® body contouring.